Nowadays, getting professional help cleaning your home has become a necessity, not a luxury, and there are so many options to choose from. You can hire an individual or you can hire a company, franchise or family-owned, and even those all have a multitude of options.
Before you hire a professional cleaning service, you have to weigh the pros and cons of actually hiring one and then you have to do your homework on potential places to hire. There are important questions to ask when choosing a cleaning service in Sarasota, Fl to make sure you’re getting all the information you need.
Questions to Ask Cleaning Services in Sarasota
Before hiring a cleaning service, be sure to ask these questions:
● How do you set your rates? Many cleaning services charge by the hour, but they can also charge based on the service or how many employees they send for the cleaning. Get an estimate for how long it will take them to clean your home and see if the cleaning service has a “not to exceed this price” clause.
● Do you conduct a background check on employees? One of the biggest fears of hiring a cleaning service is that they are going to steal from you. Reputable cleaning services will perform background checks on all of their employees. However, if you hire an individual cleaner, you are the employer and it will be your responsibility to perform the background check.
● Are you insured and bonded? Cleaning services should hold liability insurance and have a policy in place in case something gets broken, damaged or goes missing in your home. This will give you a sense of peace during the cleaning process.
● Do you bring equipment and cleaning supplies? Some companies bring their own supplies and equipment while others will only bring the equipment, making you responsible for supplying the cleaning supplies.
● How will you gain access to my home? One of the biggest questions, options can include leaving a key under the doormat, granting access via a keypad, or choosing to remain home during the cleaning.
● What services are included? Be sure to ask what’s all included for a routine cleaning visit and see what other options they have. You may prefer basic cleaning or deep-cleaning and they may offer different services to accommodate your needs.
● Can I get this all in writing? Remember, you are trusting someone and letting them into your home. Getting as much detail down in writing will help smooth arguments should they ever arise down the road.
Trustworthy Cleaning Service
The biggest thing you want is a cleaning service that is trustworthy and you don’t have to worry about them being in your home. The easiest and best way to find that is to call the trustworthy cleaning experts at HouseMaids today at (941) 953-4300.