With Sarasota’s Top Maid Service
Dusting may be one of those tasks that seems unnecessary or that often gets overlooked while cleaning your home. Sure, you know you need to do it, but when you have limited time or the dust is less visible, it’s often one of the first cleaning tasks abandoned. But even if not visible, dust can cause allergic reactions (especially in the spring) and can help trap dirt and germs. Dusting is just as important as sanitizing your counters or vacuuming your floor. To make this mundane task a little easier, just follow our HouseMaid’s top 10 dusting tips!
Dusting Top 10
10. Ducts and vents should be cleaned every five years to prevent bacterial growth and dust build up, which can spread throughout your home via the vent system. This is always best done by professionals as it can be pretty labor intensive.
9. Use an angled or bendable duster for higher, hard to reach areas like corners, light fixtures and ceiling fans.
8. Don’t neglect ceiling fans! They can send dust flying through the room.
7. Use an inside-out sock over the top of your broom or mop handle to help you snag dust and cobwebs out of corners and off ceilings and baseboards.
6. Dusty walls? You can use a microfiber cloth, even attached to your sweeper or mop, to quickly cover larger areas.
5. Use a makeup brush or paint brush to dust delicate items. Lightly spritz brush with water, if needed.
4. Dust from the top to the bottom, the way dust naturally falls.
3. Use your vacuum attachment with a brush to clean bathroom vent covers.
2. Need to dust or vacuum in areas that you can’t really see? Cover your vacuum hose or attachment with old pantyhose (no holes, though). This allows you to vacuum up dust without mistakenly also vacuuming up debris like change, buttons, safety pins, bobby pins, etc.
1. Microfiber cloths are the way to go for all dusting. They are soft yet powerful at trapping dust, plus machine washable.
Call Go HouseMaids For Your Sarasota Home Cleaning
Need a little help with dusting, vacuuming, or even a kitchen deep clean? HouseMaids can help! We can assist you with everything from a move in or move out clean, a one-time seasonal or special event clean, and of course regularly scheduled cleanings. And we deep clean every time we visit, so all areas are always covered. Call us at (941) 953-4300 to schedule an appointment, or request a free estimate online.