The temperatures are heading back down and the stores are full of new backpacks, notebooks, and pencils – it’s time for kids to head back to school! But with this change in schedule and traffic at home, there could come a change in the cleanliness of your home or your student’s space. Here’s we’ve put together 5 back to school cleaning tips!
1. Shoes off at the door. Get into the habit of having your family take their shoes off at the door. This reduces the amount of dirt and dust traipsing through your house and into your carpet.
2. Get organized. Set up a storage system for where backpacks and school stuff will go when your students get home from school, and where they will go at the end of the night to get ready for the next day. This will help keep clutter minimal and keep kids organized.
3. Set up a workstation. If your kids don’t have their own desks or computers, set up a central workstation and make everyone responsible for keeping it clean and tidy. This keeps papers and clutter from building up all around the house.
4. Assign chores on the weekends. Give kids a chance to concentrate on their school work during the week, then assign some chores for the weekend when they have more time and energy to help. And make one of these chores tidying up their room. Making sure this is done weekly will help keep it from getting out of control.
5. Review your food. Go through the refrigerator and pantry weekly to know what needs to be consumed soon before it expires and what’s already too far gone. With lunches and easy breakfasts and quick dinners necessary, keeping the food areas up to date and tidy will help keep the kitchen running efficiently.
Overwhelmed with these back to school cleaning tips? Need to get your home back to school clean, fast? Call HouseMaids today to get a free estimate and schedule your one-time or regular cleanings: (941) 953-4300. You can also request an estimate online. Our cleanings are done by professionals and we stand behind our services with a 100% guarantee.