We all love it when our Palmer Ranch house is clean. There’s a scant few things more satisfying than that
feeling of cleanliness and order in the place where we feel most comfortable.
However, some of the cleaning techniques homeowners use aren’t always practical, and sometimes they are just simply bad. In this post, we’ll discuss some cleaning mistakes and how to avoid them.
1. Never use water on wood. Water and wood do not mix. Water causes wood to warp and bow, and causes irreparable damage. Cleaning a wood floor simply takes vacuuming and sweeping, then a slightly damp mopping.
2. Furniture polish is often unnecessary. Most regular furniture polish is full of oils that, after use, allows fingerprints to show clearly and obviously. A damp cloth, barely wet will suffice for a good cleaning.
3. Scrubbing carpet stains damages pile. It’s hard not to want to scrub out carpet stains, but intense scrubbing damages carpet pile severely. Instead, try blotting first, rinse with water, blot dry, and repeat if required.
4. Cleaning windows in the sun. The sun might allow to see what you’re doing, but the heat from the sun causes cleaning products to streak. Instead, wait for a cloudy day so your product works and your windows are left streak-free.
5. Avoid spray cleaners on electronics. Spray window cleaners on phones, TVs, and LCD screens can damage them. Similarly, paper products made from wood can cause scratches. To avoid this, use a coffee filter and a 50/50 solution of water and vinegar.
Avoiding these cleaning mistakes will lend to the longevity of your household items, and reduce the time in between replacement. We hope these tips help you to get the most out of cleaning your home.
For more information on how we can get your home sparkling clean, please contact us any time.
Please, share this post!